month 4 {july}


How Far Along: 18 weeks 3 days

Size: Sweet potato, about 5.5 inches long

Gender: It's officially a girl!

Name: We mayyyyy have picked a first name. Russ probably wouldn't say we've picked it, but I like it a lot, and he hasn't vetoed it. I asked him on a scale of 1-10 how likely he is to go with it, and he said 7. When asked what it would take to get him to a 10, he said "time." So I'm thinking it's a go! But I suppose we could still change our minds! Still no middle name, either. Won't share the name publicly until we're for sure going with it, though :)

Movement: Again, I sometimes think I feel something, but I'm not really sure. I'm mostly just waiting till 22-23 weeks to really feel her, since that's when I for sure felt Ada!

Sleep: Has not been too bad. I added a pillow for between my knees and that helps a lot. I do feel like I've had more vivid dreams again lately.

Weight Gain: Man, I hesitate to even post this because I'm honestly embarrassed about it. I felt crappy about gaining roughly this much weight after FIVE months with Ada, so now that I'm hitting it a whole month earlier, I just feel even worse about it. I wanted a fit pregnancy, but I have not been working for it. I'll need to start dedicating more to this because I remember carrying around 41 extra pounds by the end of pregnancy with Ada, and it was HARD. It hurt! I really don't want to get there with this one . . . But I'm already up 22.6 pounds 😱

Symptoms: Crazy tired. I take so many naps! Massive hunger took a dip, so that's nice. Acne stuff, so that's not nice. Also some round ligament pain, occasional shooting pains in my pelvic area, and a couple morning Charley Horses. 

Diabetes: I finally got my new pump and sensor! I think my a1c is definitely going to improve now that I can get a more full picture of all that's going on!

Cravings/Aversions: If anything, it's been eggs. They've been hitting the spot lately.

Diet/Exercise: I have been eating better sometimes, but not all the time. But hey, it's an improvement, so I'll take it! I started walking in the mornings, but haven't in the last week, so I already need to get back to it! 😂

Missing Most: I think energy. I just feel so out of shape every time I go up the stairs 😂

Nursery: I think I've officially decided that Ada will stay in her own room, and Baby will be in what is now the guest bedroom. I just don't see a need to move Ada elsewhere-- she's already going to have her life flipped upside down, so I want her to be able to keep her room. Baby's room will probably stay travel themed, but I'll add some personal touches to make it hers.

Daddy: I think he's officially warmed up. Still doesn't want to discuss names as often as I'd like, but he's much more comfortable discussing other things about the baby, and he'll touch/hug/kiss my belly sometimes :)

Ada: Still the cutest with the baby 😍 She'll ask to see my bare belly sometimes, and she'll talk to it and kiss it. One day she tickled my belly and said she was tickling her baby sister 😍 The way she says the name we like is soooo cute 😍 I've been telling her how great of an older sister she's going to be, and the other day when I said that to her, she said, "Oh thanks, Mom!" But it was really sweet -- like she liked that I was recognizing how great of a sister she'll be :)

Highlights & Memories: 
  • We confirmed gender with an ultrasound with Uncle Rick, and we invited Russ's mom to come. We like to have the delivery room all to ourselves, but it was fun to share a different exciting moment with Mom :)
  • We announced gender! And to announce, we built a bear again, only this time Ada was here to help! It was super cute to have her help us make the bear 😍

Can’t Wait For: More distinct movement. Finalizing her name. Getting to work on things like her Christmas stocking and Christmas ornament!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}