coming home from the nicu

I was not prepared to have my baby stay in the NICU. I just thought she'd come out and stay in my room with me like most babies do. I really wasn't prepared to have her stay in there for 16 days. It was ROUGH. Just like with infertility, the hardest part was not knowing when it would end. I just wanted to bring my girl home so I could start being her mom all the time! And on Sunday, October 9, we finally did get to bring her home! We took lottttts of pics to document the process :)
















first ray of sunshine to hit her face!



Ever heard of Bell's Palsy? I hadn't. It's a sudden weakness on one side of the face, and it can last for weeks. Some of its biggest contributors are stress and lack of sleep, two things I was having in high dosages (lack of sleep because I was still waking up every 3 hours at night to pump). Well, I got it at the best time! A day or two before Ada got to come home. Hence my super weird faces. I was so bummed that I couldn't look as happy as I was to have her come home 😢  Not only that, but my face didn't go back to normal for a few weeks, so I couldn't take newborn photos with her, nor any other candid photos without looking just weird :(
















such a cute photo with daddy! and i couldn't take such a cute photo with my wonky face . . .



signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}