summer staple

So the other day, I was over browsing at Tattered to Taylored and I came across this great DIY! I was in Target shortly thereafter and saw the very same $3 bag, so I decided to give it a try. I won't give you the full tutorial, since Taylor already did a great job of that, but I'll just clue you in on what I did differently.

When I gathered all the supplies together (bag, acrylic paint, paintbrush, & masking tape), I remembered how much I love stripes and how I miss that striped bag I didn't buy, so I decided that I would do stripes rather than the color block that Taylor did (though I loved that option, too).

I did 3 stripes, each one being 4 rows, with 4 natural rows between each. I left 6 rows empty at the top. Since the bag is made by going around and around with the rows, you can't just stay on your 4 rows. You'll need to choose where you want to make the transition, and then make sure it's gradual. It isn't too noticeable unless you look up close:


And then this is how it turned out!


It works so great as a summer bag, and for only $3, you can't go wrong! One thing I realized after finishing is that the straps aren't very heavy-duty, which, for $3 is to be expected. I thought about replacing them, but then decided I'd wait until they wore out to do that. But if I would have thought about it earlier, I definitely would have removed the straps and found something different to use, because then I could have done any color and coordinated the painted stripes. But oh well. It's done and I like the way it turned out, so maybe I'll just go buy another one and do the different color thing . . . since $3 doesn't break the bank ;)

It was a super easy and pretty quick DIY with great results, so those are always great in my book! So go pick up a bag from Target and get painting so you can have the perfect summer staple! :)

 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

  1. I love the striping you did! Thanks so much for sharing your take on this great DIY! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks for checking it out and for the social media shares! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}