month 2 {may}


How Far Along: 9 weeks, 6 days

Size: Wild strawberry, which I think translates to "small strawberry" haha :)

Gender: Don't know just yet, but I got one of those "sneak peak" genetic tests that you can do as early as 9 weeks, so I've already taken it and I'll send it in on Monday so I should know in a week or so! 😱😱

Name: I keep coming up with more ideas for girls, and Russ keeps vetoing them. I'm also having a hard time because I realllllllly want a name that is unique and pretty, but still normal. Like, not Shaniqua (because that's not normal), but not Ashley (because that's not unique). Like Ada -- I've only met one or two people named Ada, and I've never seen Ada on a top 100 list. That's what I want for all our kids, if possible, but I do get stuck in the trap of liking lots of the popular names. That's why Ada's middle name is Charlotte -- it's too popular to be a first name for my child, but I like it a lot! Anyway. Only name that is absolutely determined is the first name of a boy. We have a middle name we're considering, but I'm not sold on it.

Movement: I swear I keep feeling flip type things, but it could just be digestion stuff. With Ada, I didn't feel movement FOREVER, so who knows.

Sleep: k I wake up to pee once every night (already?!), and I've also been waking up before my 6:30am alarm (anywhere between 5:45/6:15). I'm going to bed too late, so overall, just not getting enough sleep! I didn't really nap with Ada, but I've been napping a few times/week with this baby.

Weight Gain: Up 6 pounds already. I don't get sick, I just get starving and nauseated, both of which are solved by food. Which means my first trimester is kind of a heavy gain period. Whoops.

Symptoms: So many symptoms! Breaking out, starving, irritable/moody, nausea (starting around 6.5 weeks), headaches, and needing naps. 

Diabetes: Well. I started out being very dedicated to good diabetes management. And then I found out I was going to get a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) so I eased up. Then I found out I couldn't get the CGM for a month, but I stayed eased up and my blood sugars have suffered as a result. It's just so difficult to stay good! 😩 Things will improve when I get the CGM in a few weeks.

Cravings/Aversions: Russ and I had a little getaway to Park City this month, and while there, I was like, suuuuuper craving nachos. I'm not sure whether it was a pregnancy craving or not, but it was like nothing else was going to satisfy the craving -- we went to one restaurant and they didn't have nachos, so I tried to consider pizza or a burger, but I really just wanted those nachos. Luckily, we found amazing ones just a couple doors down at Crystal Park Cantina!! I've been thinking about them a lot since ðŸ˜‚ And when I'm not pregnant, I almost never eat nachos, so it was definitely an abnormal craving!

Other than that, my "cravings" have been non-specific. I just want all the food, all the time. Some people get sick in the first trimester; I just want to eat everything in sight in the first trimester. I'm starving and peckish allll the time. I've had lot of cottage cheese, nuts, taquitos, and cookies 🙈

Diet/Exercise: Well, as I mentioned above, the diet part is not going well. I should be eating better so I don't have a giant baby again, but I'm having a very hard time convincing myself to start doing that. I need to pick a start date and just commit to certain things, but until I do, I'm eating like it's my last meal, all the time. It's such a problem ðŸ™ˆ

Exercise was going really well, for a few weeks. I started exercising the day after I found out I was pregnant, and for about 3 weeks I exercised every day. It's definitely tapered off since then, but considering I wasn't exercising at all before, I'd say it's definitely an improvement! I've been doing mostly workouts from @goodfortheswole's instagram page, but sometimes I do an ab video and for a while there, I went to Piyo with Erica, but can't do that anymore now that it's summer and the instructor has changed her time 😭

Missing Most: Honestly, losing weight haha. I was doing a pretty good job of eating well, and I was really consistently losing weight. Then I got pregnant, started eating all the things, and so once again I've gained a lot of "pregnancy" weight that is mostly just eating weight. 

Nursery: No updates until we know gender!

Daddy: Took a few weeks to come around, and that was honestly so hard. I wanted to be excited, but it was kind of hard to be excited when he wasn't! But now he seems to be good with it, though he'll still never talk about names as much as I want to 🙄😂

Ada: I have no idea what Ada understands and what she doesn't. We ask her all the time if she's having a baby brother or a baby sister, and her answer changes frequently. I tried to get her to kiss my tummy but she was not interested in that 😂 She seems to think there's a baby in her belly, too 🤷 She keeps talking about how "mama's tummy is getting bigger" (because I've said that will happen) 😂

Highlights & Memories: 
  • We told family at 7 weeks, on Mother's Day. Everyone was happy for us, of course :) Brooke's reaction was the funniest -- She had been showing us everything her family did for her on Mother's Day morning, and then she said, "Okay, well I better go enjoy this breakfast!" And I said, "Wait! We have a Mother's Day surprise for you, too!" and she was like "Ahh!!!!!! TELL ME YOUR SURPRISE!" So like, she already knew 😂 
  • We had our first ultrasound with Uncle Rick just before I was 8 weeks. Everything looked good and there was only one, so *phew!* :)
  • We announced our pregnancy on social media a few days ago, and everyone was really happy and excited for us! The announcement got more than double the likes of my previously most-liked photo on my business IG, so that was pretty crazy! 😂

Can’t Wait For: Finding out gender SO SOON! And it's a long way off, but I can't wait to feel the baby kicks inside me :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}