f i v e y e a r s

Over the weekend, Russ and I celebrated five years of marriage. It is just absolutely crazy to me!

In five years we have lived in three different places (though all within a 10- or 20-minute radius), had a combined total of seven different jobs, traveled to fourteen+ different places, and made the most adorable baby on the planet.

In five years we have also learned a lot more about ourselves and about each other, and we have grown closer as we've depended on each other during difficult times. We really love being married to each other, and tell each other that nearly every day. We like hanging out, we like finishing home projects (I like it more than him because he's usually the one doing most of the work!), we like obsessing about how cute Ada is, and we like talking about deep and important things.

We don't have a lot of common interests, but we're committed to each other, so that doesn't really matter. Maybe someday we'll find some hobbies to do that we are both passionate about :)

My favorite thing about being married to Russ is knowing that I can share every part of myself with him -- the good, the bad, the ugly -- and he will still love me. He might think I'm crazy sometimes, but he loves me both despite and because of my craziness :)

I have an amazing husband, and I'm so grateful to have an eternity more to spend with him :)


To celebrate our anniversary, we did something we don't usually do for anniversaries -- we got a babysitter and left the house for an out-of-the-ordinary date. I say we don't usually do this because we've been really bad about celebrating our anniversaries in the past! We might go out for dinner, but that's about it. (And for two of our previous anniversaries, we were on family trips to Branson, MO, and Europe.)

This year, we went to Art City Days, the yearly fair/carnival in our area (though it was our first time there, despite this being our third summer in this area). We walked the 15-20 minutes to the fair, where we pigged out on a lot of different delicious foods (amazing BBQ sandwiches, ribbon fries, a fruity drink, and strawberry funnel cake), briefly explored a few of the vendor stands, and then went on a few rides (the swings, merry-go-round, ferris wheel, and the Zipper). It was especially fun to do the ferris wheel because we rode a ferris wheel on our honeymoon. We may or may not have made out on that ride 😘  It was also really fun to do the Zipper, because Russ was kinda scared to do it, but then we both had lots of fun screaming for our lives 😂












The whole night was just great. We reminisced about good memories, didn't get on our phones, and Russ kept touching me -- holding my hand, putting his arm around me, kissing my cheek -- which I loved because that's my love language :) The night was fun, romantic, sweet, and just perfect. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and life :)



signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}