2016 dean & maureen holmes reunion {plus mini trent & barbara holmes reunion}

I don't know what it is, but I really enjoy Russ's family's reunions. We always try to go, and so far we have been to every reunion (though I'm pretty sure that won't continue forever, but we'll still go when we can forever).

This year's reunion was held at a cabin by a lake near Seattle, Washington. So we went up to Seattle and enjoyed a few days doing things just as the Trent & Barbara Holmes family, and a few days doing things with all the extended family.

As a more immediate family, we rented a boat, visited the Locks, and solved a puzzle room.

Boating - This was super fun! My family used to boat sometimes when I was a young teen, so I love being out on the water.






The Locks - We learned about some things like fish and boats, but do I remember anything? Of course not. I do remember that we saw a sea lion and learned about how it comes to kill fish just for sport, not for eating, and how that's a problem.


 




The Puzzle Room - Russ's family is full of puzzlers, but I felt a little bit out of my element there. I just didn't even know where to start! But I still had fun :)




At the extended reunion, we played in the lake, ate good food, sailed in a sailboat, and had a variety show. Our family pulled up a YouTube video for the Just Dance "Moves Like Jagger" dance, and we performed that for the variety show. I hadn't danced in a while, and HOLY COW it was a lot harder with that big belly of mine 😂  But still so fun :) Two of Russ's uncles commented on how huge I was ("twins, right?" "You're due in just a couple weeks, right?"), so that was fun 😒  Haha but really it wasn't a big deal. I am huge, and I'm okay with that.













signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}