holly b {9 months}


Stats
  • size 3 diapers
  • size 3-9 month clothing
  • 17.4 pounds (36%), 27 inches (24%)
Notable events
  • You went on your first family trip! We went camping in the Grand Tetons, and you slept in a pack and play under a slumberpod, so you were really spoiled 😂


Tricks
  • Saying "Dada" early on this month
  • Also saying "baba" (not in reference to anything) and even "Ada" sometimes! Not sure if it's on purpose though 🤷
  • Getting from sitting to your tummy on purpose
  • Army crawling! Just within the last week or so, you're really getting around!
  • Self-feeding super well now / getting better with your pincer grasp
  • Waving sometimes
Favorite things
  • You love clapping and pattycake :)
  • We got the exersaucer out and you seem to like it quite a bit!
  • Swinging. You freaking love it!
  • You love to grab and mouth everything you're not supposed to -- phones, my pump, charging cords, etc.
Random tidbits
  • I feel like Ada isn't as obsessed with you as she used to be 😔 She's been more indifferent or mean lately than she's been playful and kind. She still plays with you, but not as much. She's always taking toys away from you. *sigh*
  • When we went camping, you ended up in bed with me because you were crying for like 30 minutes in the middle of the night (never happens at home, but you were overtired and sick). I didn't think you'd go to sleep on me, which is why I tried to wait it out, but you actually DID go to sleep on me, and I loved cuddling with you for the rest of the night 😍 You slept on me again for part 2 of a nap, and again the next morning after about 5:30am. It was so fun to get so many snuggles!
  • You're still getting sink showers after basically every meal, which means you don't get actual baths hardly ever! I have to consciously remember to bathe you 😂
  • You always tuck your knees up, lay your head down on my chest, and start sucking your thumb as soon as I turn the light off and start singing. I love that you're so cuddly 😍
  • You love food, and you're eating a ton of it. You seem to always want more! You've also been drinking less milk, but we're still nursing 4x/day and usually supplementing with ~6oz formula/day.
  • I got sick of waking you up from every single sleep, plus your bedtime was so much later than Ada's, so I decided to move you to two naps with an earlier bedtime. I'm loving it! Most of the time your days look like: 5:30-6:30am some brief wakings, 6:45am wake you up, nap 1 from 9-10:30am (I wake you), nap 2 from 1-3pm, bedtime at 6:30pm. Sometimes you wake after 1-1.5 hours from nap 2, which gives you an earlier bedtime, which always results in a more restless night. Still trying to figure out exactly what needs to be changed. (But it's so weird because everything will work perfectly for a few days, and then weird for 2-3 days, and then perfectly for a few days, and then weird again!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}