holly b {3 months}


Stats
  • size 1 diapers
  • size 0-3 month clothing, but you could probably start into your 3-6 month stuff pretty soon. Also, for the record, I am now dressing you in actual clothes occasionally :)
  • 12.0 pounds (29%), 23.5 inches (49%)
Notable events
  • Well, it's nothing that you'll remember, but Corona Virus has basically made it seem like it's the end of the world! We're social distancing (aka, SO MUCH ISOLATION), grocery stores are barren, and everything just feels weird! Oh, not to mention that then we had an earthquake, so really the world is probably ending ha.
  • You're almost full-time in the crib after we moved Ada to a big girl bed. You do all naps in it, and you sleep in it at night until your night feed. Then you finish the night in the pack'n'play in our room.
Tricks
  • We didn't do full-on tummy time with you for the first couple months because the hospital told us to basically do less intense versions for the first two months. But now you do some tummy time and you've gotten pretty good at it.
  • However, you are also pretty quick to roll out of it, onto your back. I think only over your right shoulder.
Favorite things
  • You have legit conversations with us! I love to just look at you and smile at each other, going back and forth saying "ah," growling, or sticking our tongues out. I wish I could get a good video of it because it's one of those things that I love so much, I want to bottle it up forever! But every time I pull a phone out to record it, you stop. Too distracted!
Random tidbits
  • We sometimes call you Holly Hiccup because you get the hiccups so much. And anytime I get the hiccups, Ada says, "do you have the hiccups like Holly?"
  • Just like big sis, your hair is curly when wet but not when dry. HOWEVER, if I put lotion on your head and hair after a tubby, your hair stays curly! It's pretty cute :)
  • We're supplementing every single feeding with 2-4 ounces now, except your night feed. It's kind of frustrating because I just want my body to make enough milk! But for some reason, it doesn't. 
  • Sleep...is confusing me. You alternate between 3 and 4 naps, and you were taking nice, long naps a good percentage of the time, but in the past few days you've done mostly shorter naps. I'm trying to nail down waketimes, but they're my least favorite thing to figure out. But typically you go down for the night between 7 and 8pm, and you wake for one feed around 3 or 4am. I am very much looking forward to full sleep training in just 3 weeks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}