month 8 {november}


How Far Along: 36 weeks 2 days

Size: According to the app, she's the size of a chihuahua or a papaya, roughly 19 inches and 6 pounds. Again, I'm pretty sure she's bigger than that already.

Gender: A second little lady :)

Name: Holly B 💗

Movement: She moves so dang much. And I'm pretty sure she decided to have her most active day EVER the day that I had the flu. Holy cow. I do NOT recommend a tummy bug while your stomach is already full of baby. All of her movements made me want to fall over and die. Also, hiccups 1-2x/day. I've decided they're my least favorite movement ha. But don't get me wrong, I love to feel her moving inside me most of the time :)

Sleep: Same issues as last month -- mostly waking up to roll over or because my hips hurt. I typically only wake to pee once/night around 3am.

Weight Gain: Thanksgiving and family in town and frequent eating have not been good to me. I gained 9 pounds in the last month 😬 bringing my total up to 45.4. Yikes.

Symptoms: Charley horses have calmed down a bit, but I still have them sometimes. I'm feeling a lot more pressure down low, and also feeling like I wish I had something to support this giant belly of mine. I haven't really had any swelling this pregnancy like I did with Ada's, which is great! I've also definitely noticed that I have a little heater inside me, because when everyone else is cold, I'm comfortable, and when everyone else is comfortable, I'm dying of overheating 😂

Diabetes: At my last appointment, my doc and I were both baffled because my chart showed that my numbers looked amazing, but I had my highest a1C of my pregnancy (7.4)! It was weird. I've honestly had pretty great control lately.

Cravings/Aversions: I just want to eat all the things. I wanted to try to be healthy during this last bit of pregnancy and to exercise self-control despite all the holiday foods, but my natural inclinations are to eat all the yummy things in sight, and man that's not helpful at all. 

Diet/Exercise: Ha.

Missing Most: Walking up the stairs without feeling like I'm going to die; setting my computer in my lap; thicker, not-so-sensitive stomach skin; carrying Ada with ease . . . basically I'm ready for this bump to be gone!

Nursery: Until Ada moves into the other room (a few months from now), we're not making any changes. And even then, some of the only things to change are to switch out a few photos.

Daddy: Seems to be getting a little nervous about all the upcoming change. Change can be difficult, even when it's a good change.

Ada: When people ask Ada if she's excited about the new baby, she'll tell them how she's going to rock Baby Holly and kiss Baby Holly and share with Baby Holly. I've also been talking to her a little bit about how she's going to be such a big helper for mama and Baby Holly and how I know she's going to be such a good big sister. I really do think she'll be great :) However, she is pretending to be a baby more and more these days, so that worries me a liiiiiittle bit.

Highlights & Memories: 
  • We got family/maternity pics done this last month, and they turned out so cute!! Gosh I just love this little family of mine and I'm so excited to add Holly into it :)


  • Tyler and Rachel visited for a few days this month when Dad had brain surgery. Ada loved playing with Lydia while they were all here, and I loved spending so much time with family!
  • Brooke's family visited for Thanksgiving, and again, Ada loved playing with cousins and I loved spending so much time with family!
  • I started non-stress tests (which I also had with Ada), and for the first time ever, they didn't like the result they were getting, so they checked me into the hospital for more testing. I was in a hospital rope on a hospital bed and everything! It was cold and lonely, and I felt like I was going to have the baby all by myself. It also happened on a day when I had other plans, so I was really frustrated to have to stay longer at the appointment than I had planned for. However, Russ and I agreed it was better to be safe than sorry, so I did the monitoring. All came back fine in the end.
Can’t Wait For: At this point, I pretty much just can't wait to get her out of me! But I have a few more (thousand) things to do before that point, in just 2.5 short weeks! See you soon, Baby Girl! 💕


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a . . .