2019 list


Every year, I have had this running list of things I can work on. I mostly forget about it, but the idea is that if ever I'm feeling like I don't have anything productive or exciting to do, I can turn to this list and try to accomplish something on it. My goal with this list is usually to accomplish roughly one item per month, however, I think I'll have a more condensed list of things that I really, truly want to accomplish in 2019, so this list may become a bit obsolete.

Anything currently in progress will be in italics, and I'll come back to update this list as I cross anything off :)
  • Cut back on social media usage
  • Focus on consistency
  • Come up with a meal-planning strategy - Citrus Pear and Isagenix for the win!
  • Try something new
  • Read a book - Reading a lot more than one this year!
  • Go skinny dipping
  • Throw a fancy dinner party for friends
  • Do karaoke
  • Join a sports team
  • Create sleep guides for my business
  • Splurge on something that will last me years
  • Go on a cross-country road trip
  • Attend a major sporting event
  • Take a class that’s totally out of my element, like improv, golf, or pottery-making
  • Unplug for a full day, or maybe even a full weekend or week 
  • Say yes for an entire week
  • Learn to drive stick
  • Take a photography class
  • Learn to can food
  • Go on a girls trip
  • Pay for the person behind me
  • Get ready every single day for a month
  • Organize my closet and get rid of anything I don’t wear
  • Create a look book for my clothes and accessories
  • Stop being a slob (aka create better systems for regularly tidying)
  • Reconnect with an old friend
  • Have monthly get-togethers with girlfriends I don't see much (or ever) anymore
  • Learn a song on the piano
  • Sew something
  • Memorize “The Living Christ”
  • Memorize “The Family: A Proclamation to the World”
  • Go on a weekend trip
  • Get Zumba-certified
  • Recover the jump drive
  • Compile a recipe book with all the recipes I actually use
  • Learn to garden
  • Learn to compost
  • Mend all my mending things
  • Pick a Christ-like attribute to work on
  • Focus on reaching out to people
  • Focus on being a missionary
  • Focus on giving more love to Russ than usual
  • Focus on service
  • Whiten my teeth
  • Travel to a new state
  • Digitize all photos before 2006
  • Make a mixbook (or multiple mixbooks) of my life up til marriage
  • Print my 2018 mixbook
  • Start another New Year’s tradition
  • Visit the Red Butte Gardens
  • Get parents’ VHS tapes onto DVD - DONE! Now I just need to edit and work on the content to cut out anything unnecessary 😬
  • Find a way to spend one-on-one time with my dad monthly
  • Make a date night list/box/jar - I made a big, awesome list organized to fit the way that we do dates now :)
  • Further pare down my Pinterest boards/pins
  • Play glow stick hide and seek
  • Go for tea at the Grand America (bonus points if it's for Witches high tea!)
  • Mail a care package - I didn't gather the items for the care package (which was my original intention), but I came across this awesome website (brightboxes) whose purpose is essentially to send happy mail, so I sent one to a friend who I felt was in need of some cheering up. 
  • Throw a surprise party
  • Finish typing Dad's mission journals - YES! After like 4 years, I finally finished them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}