marriage conference in bryce canyon

A few months ago, I had literally JUST started following @knowhowmomtips on Instagram when she shared about an upcoming marriage retreat in Bryce Canyon. I read the details and decided I wanted to go.


If I had been following her for any amount of time, it would have made more sense, because at least I would have had a better idea of what kinds of things she teaches. But I really didn't know anything about her and I wanted to go anyway. I just liked the idea of going away for the weekend with Russ and learning stuff to help our marriage grow and flourish.


While it took some time to make the final decision, Russ and I both decided to go for it. And I'm so glad we did!


The conference was two days PACKED with everything. The conference was mentally, emotionally, physically, and socially draining! But in such a good way. We learned about tools for connecting and communicating better, how to deal with solvable and perpetual conflicts, and how to move forward building a great life together. Even in just two weeks since the conference, I feel that we have up-leveled our marriage.


The sweetest part of the conference was: the appreciation/cherish exercise. We each shared things we appreciate and cherish about each other, and it was so sweet to hear all the things that Russ loves and admires about me. The exercise helped me see some things about myself more clearly as well (like why I feel the way I do about certain things).

The funniest part of the conference was: watching this video. Do yourself a favor and watch it for a good laugh :) (Unless you want to go to this conference someday, in which case, don't spoil it beforehand -- it will be better in the room full of conference attendees!)


The hardest part of the conference was: At the last part of the conference, we had a chance to basically talk about the future (we had various options for topics). When Georgia (the conference leader) started explaining the exercise, it sounded so fun and exciting -- it seemed like all the things I love to think about and talk about! But it actually turned out to be difficult because it highlighted some of the ways in which Russ and I are so different. We definitely learned from the experience, but it was hard to end on a kind of sad note.

The best part of the conference was: coming away from it having the same tools in both our pockets. I listen to a ton of stuff on personal growth/business growth/relationship growth, but when I hear new stuff, I'm the only one hearing it. I loved that Russ and I attended this conference together so that we could come away from it on the same page regarding all the things we want to change and improve in our marriage.

Bonus: Like I said, it was near Bryce Canyon, so we did some hiking on both days, some alone and some with the group. It was fun and definitely beautiful!


I totally recommend this (or another good one!) marriage retreat. I feel like Russ and I have always had a good marriage, but I want spectacular, and this class has already helped us get closer to that goal. If you're also interested in this marriage retreat, check out this page of Georgia's website, where she posts any upcoming conferences like the one we went to. There's nothing currently there, but she is doing another conference January 25-26, 2019, so if you're interested, get in contact! You won't regret it :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}