weekending {caroline's wedding & mini holmes reunion}

We've had a busy weekend filled with lots of wonderful things!

Caro's Wedding Reception
Caroline and I met in Spanish 206 our first semester at BYU. I'm really pretty terrible at talking to people in a sea of faces I don't know, but Caroline is bubbly and outgoing and she makes friends everywhere she goes! And thank goodness for that, because she talked to me and she talked to Sarah and she brought the three of us together. I spent so much of my freshman year in Caroline's dorm room and at the Cannon (the dining hall) with Caroline and Sarah. I planned what Spanish and religion classes I could with the two of them for the rest of my college career, and we're all still friends years after graduating. Other than roommates and my husband, Sarah and Caro are pretty much the only lasting friends I made in college, but I'm okay with that because I'm all about quality over quantity. Sarah was one of my bridesmaids and Caro was one of my honorary bridesmaids (I was planning to only have sisters as bridesmaids, but when one sister-in-law didn't want to do it, I added in one friend as a bridesmaid [plus my maid of honor was a friend]; the rest of my best friends were honorary bridesmaids) in my wedding -- that's how much I love these girls!

So on Saturday, Caroline got married! The wedding reception was a lot of fun because Russ and I hung out with Sarah all night, so there was lots of chatting to do -- mostly about Sarah's boyfriend 😉😘  Also, Russ doesn't really like going to receptions when he doesn't know either person, but since he knows Caroline, he enjoyed the reception, too!

We went through the line and hugged Caroline and met Carlo, we went to all the food stations trying to find things we could actually eat (Russ and I are doing Whole30 and Sarah is doing gluten- and dairy-free), and then we chatted some more while waiting for the rest of the wedding festivities.

The dancing portion of the reception began with Carlo and Caroline dancing to "I Thought I Loved You Then" by Brad Paisley. It was so perfect and sweet because Carlo and Caroline were singing the song to each other and it just gave me all the feels :) Then I looked over at Russ and he was tearing up, too. Then the whole thing just became very romantic and sweet -- we were hugging and looking at each other and occasionally we kissed. We could see how much Caroline and Carlo love each other, and we were both just thinking about how much we loved each other on our wedding day, but how much more we love each other now, and how our love is going to continue to grow. Words often can't do feelings justice, and that's true in this case. Russ and I were just feeling so much love for each other, and it was a romantic high that lasted the rest of the night 💕💕

Next Caroline danced with her dad to "Sweet Caroline" which was so fun, and Carlo danced with his mom. Then it was time for a dance party! So Sarah and I started rocking out and it was so much fun! Russ didn't join in, but he was content to watch :) He told me later that it made him happy to see me so happy :)

All in all, it was just a great night. I was so happy to share it with Russ and Sarah, and I'm so happy for Caroline and her new husband, Carlo! :)

there was a salt lake temple ice sculpture. it was amazing!


las tres amigas 😘 😘


Mini Holmes Reunion
A few weeks ago, we were having a Holmes sibling dinner with all of the Utah siblings plus Chantry because she was in town. We talked about how Shayne's family would be in Utah in a few weeks, so Chan and Mom and Dad should come back down so we could all get together for Sunday dinner and get a family picture! For some reason, it's really difficult to get all of us Holmeses together in one place. The last time we were all together was for Lance and Mackenzi's wedding in August 2013! There's always at least one family missing from any big gathering :(

Well, this gathering turned out no different! Chantry ended up having to work so she couldn't come to Utah, and then Mackenzi went into labor on Sunday morning! So the picture got cancelled and the Trent Holmes family reunion got postponed indefinitely 😂

But while Lance, Mackenzi, and Zander enjoyed new baby girl, Tilli, Shayne's family, Lacey, Mom & Dad, and our family got together for dinner at our house. It was fun to catch up a little and to have Ada meet her cousins and aunt and uncle :) Stephanie gave me a tour of my new plants, which was great because she knows a lot about plants and I know nothing! I always wish we had more time to just be together. Although we all love our kids, it's no secret that kids can complicate adult interactions because kids have to be taken care of, given attention, and kids have bedtimes! Oh, well. Maybe in 10-15 years we'll have more time for adult interactions . . . probably not, though! 😂 😂


It was a simply lovely weekend, filled with friends, family, and good times :)



signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}