the one with a little bit of a rant



A few weeks ago, I read this article about 7 ways to be insufferable on Facebook.

Then a few days ago, I read this article about the 10 worst things new/expecting moms can post on Facebook.

And can I just say . . . 
they both drove me crazy!

I do have my opinions about things that people really shouldn't post on Facebook. However, I also think I'm not the boss of everyone, so I'm not going to tell them what to post and what not to post. 

People are so quick to want to tell others what to do . . . but here's the thing. Just like it is with life, you have control over YOUR Facebook and no one else's. 

So if you don't want to see someone's intentionally-vague-in-order-to-get-attention posts or someone's bulging-uncovered-baby-belly photos, hide these stories from your newsfeed. Or, better yet, un-friend the person who posted them! Half the people you're friends with on Facebook aren't really your friends anyways, so why keep them? Just so you can vent about the annoying things they post? That just seems unproductive to me.

You can't change how everyone else is using Facebook. It's not like there's a rule book dictating what people can and cannot post. If you have your own personal rule book, then you can be the one to make your newsfeed conform to your rules by blocking and un-friending people.

Simple as that.

Hopefully I'm not being too much of a hypocrite by expressing this opinion . . . Idk, am I being crazy for getting annoyed about that? What are your opinions about stuff like this?


**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way! People are too critical of what others do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously. I mean, did you read some of those things people are complaining about? Like posting your sonogram?! What in the heck is even wrong with that!! Haha :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}