mother's day 2018

My Mother's Day weekend was pretty perfect.

It started out with Ada having the flu/a fever on Saturday morning. She had thrown up in her bed (had no idea til I went to get her out -- she never cried about it!), so I quickly cleaned her up and put all her bed things into the wash. Then we spent the entire morning cuddling and watching Balto 2 and 3 on Netflix (it was the perfect time to get some things off my list! haha). Ada only cuddles long-term when she has a fever, so fevers are my very favorite sickness. At one point, I wanted to make myself a quick breakfast, so I left Ada on the couch by herself, watching a show. She was okay, but she kept, like, whimpering for me to come back. Haha it was so cute! Another time, I was holding Ada but had to put her down so I could go move the laundry (so she'd have her sleep stuff in time for her nap!). Ada is usually soooo quick at following me up the stairs, but because she was sick, she'd only made it halfway up the stairs by the time I was coming back down. She seemed sooo exhausted from the exertion, and she quickly nuzzled into me when I picked her up. Poor baby girl!

When Russ got home from work, she cuddled him some, but I kinda called dibs since it was mother's day weekend. She took two naps in her crib that day, and she also slept some on each of us. Baby girl was sick and tireddddd. I loved not only getting to cuddle her, but also to take care of her. I'm so very grateful to be a mother, and especially to be Ada's mother :)

On Sunday, Russ made breakfast (puff pancakes) and lunch (stir-fry). I made a cake for dinner with my family. Between all the cooking, there were a lot of dishes! But I had to prepare a lesson and get ready and go to church, so I didn't have time to really do any dishes. Russ stayed home with Ada (who was feeling much better), and when I got back from church, I was so happy to see that Russ had done a ton of dishes! He's a good one! :)

We went up to my parents' house for a big family dinner, which was so great. Ada was quiet and content the whole time, and she's gotten to this age where she can follow the big kids around and I don't really have to worry about her. She had fun, and we had fun! It was also Mom's birthday, so we all went around the table and said things that we love about her. It was both fun and funny to reminisce about various things.

Throughout the whole day, Russ kept giving me big hugs and holding my hand and just giving me the sweet, romantic touches that I love. He also kept telling me how much he loves me and how great of a mom I am. He was just so sweet and wonderful, and I felt so loved and appreciated. It was a perfect weekend :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}