so i started a business

It is just CRAZY how life works out.

One year ago, I was in the midst of hiring a sleep consultant for my baby who never took naps longer than 33 minutes. The four months leading up to hiring Pam were SUCH a huge trial for me. I felt crazy. I didn't know what to do. I felt like I was missing Ada's life because I was so preoccupied with her sleep. I couldn't think about anything else. I could see no upsides to this awful napping!

And yet, had Ada been a good sleeper, I wouldn't have needed to hire a sleep consultant. And if I hadn't hired a sleep consultant, I wouldn't have seen the life changing work that sleep consultants are capable of. And consequently, I wouldn't have had the desire or drive to become a sleep consultant myself.

Not only that, but because of Ada's poor napping habits, I got into podcasts and spent a lottttt of time listening to them as I tried various things to extend Ada's naps -- podcasts that inspired me to add value to the world in my own unique way that only I could do.

Without Ada's awful naps, I would not have started my sleep consulting business.

And that's not even all! There are other things that I've been doing over the last 8 years that have also prepared me for this. For one thing, I've been blogging for ages, so I know at least a little bit about how the blogging world works, which will help with my business blog. Additionally, I've taken a few different classes about design programs (photoshop, indesign, illustrator) and even web design, so although I hired someone else to design my website (which is 🙌amazing🙌 by the way), I have the skills to design other things I need in my business, and I can create things that coordinate with my website, thus keeping all my social media images on-brand. And finally, I used to work at a company that was all about search engine optimization (SEO), so although I'm no expert, I definitely know more about SEO than I otherwise would have known.

I am truly just astounded at how life works out. God is so, so good!

Check out my website at sleepingchildsaneparent.com, like/follow me on Facebook and Instagram, and refer me to any parents you know who could use my services! I'm so excited to grow this business that I'm so passionate about and for which I have been so specifically prepared.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}