primary songs

Dear Ada,

Today was a good day :) You were happy and smiley and so much fun, like usual. I spent some time playing with you and some time working on things next to you. I finally wasn't being consumed by the stress of getting you to nap and I was just enjoying you :)

But the best part of the day was after putting you down for bed. Daylight Savings just happened, so we're working on transitioning you back to a 7:30 bedtime. We were just going to move bedtime by 15 minutes each night, but you were fussy so we tried to just put you down at 7:30 -- 45 minutes earlier than yesterday. You were not a fan. After letting you cry (hard) for a few minutes, I went up to see if you had a stuck burp or something. Although you had been fussy and rubbing your eyes before we laid you down for the night, you now seemed completely awake; however, I wasn't just going to let you get up and play because we'd already done your whole bedtime routine. So instead I just held you, all swaddled up, in the rocking chair in your dark room, and I sang you primary songs for 15-20 minutes. I sang "A Child's Prayer," "Love is Spoken Here," "I Love to See the Temple," "Families Can be Together Forever," and, of course, "I am a Child of God." It was a special time to be with you. The light from the hallway let me see your beautiful face -- those big eyes and that sweet smile. And I just snuggled you close, giving you kisses and letting you slobber all over kiss me :) I just felt so much love for you and from you. I felt Heavenly Father's love for both of us. I feel like words can't describe how special that whole time with you felt. I then laid you back down in your crib, now around 8, and you quickly and peacefully fell asleep :)

I love you with all my heart, baby girl. I'm grateful for these special moments I get to share with you, and for every day I get to spend with you :)

Love always,
Mama 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}