the one with the passport

Once upon a time this past summer, I was surfing the web for date ideas. I was trying to create a giant list of ideas so that Russ and I could have a list to refer to anytime we wanted to go on a date [since anyone who knows us knows that we're completely indecisive in areas like that :)].

One site I came across was The Dating Divas. It's a site run by a bunch of girls who post almost every day about ways to strengthen marriage. Sometimes they post gift ideas, sometimes they post their own insights about marriage, and oftentimes they post date ideas ranging anywhere from simple to extravagant. It's a really awesome site.

While surfing the site, I found this passport idea and thought it was awesome! I also thought it was the perfect gift to give my husband for Christmas :) You might have noticed the gift in some of the pictures on my Christmas post.

A lot of people would love to travel the world, and I am definitely one of those people. However, as a recently married college student, I don't just have cash lying around (or time, for that matter) to blow on exciting vacations. So instead of packing our bags and getting on an airplane, we'll be bringing the foreign countries to US this year :)

Here's how it works . . .

First, as a precursor to the gift, I gave Russ a little note.



There's a similarly worded printable on the Dating Divas site, but I changed some things around and made my own instead (mostly because I'm not a fan of capital letters all over the place).


Then I personalized passports for both Russ and myself (because I'll be traveling with him!)




And then I got 12 manila envelopes--one for each month. In each envelope are some things that will be needed for the date that month.



I got 9x12 inch envelopes, but if you're planning to do this, I think I'd recommend getting the size just larger than that so that some bigger things can fit in the envelope. But since I didn't do that, I also have a plain brown paper bag where I can put anything extra that I need for that month.


So each month, we'll "travel" to a different country by eating food, doing activities, watching movies, and visiting monuments (you'll see what I mean) all from that country! I'll be posting after each "vacation" so that you can all see how much fun Russ and I have travelling the world! 

If you go to the Dating Divas site, you will find the links to the passport printable and the airline ticket generator (the two printables that I used in my preparation for this gift), other printables if you're interested, and some ideas for the dates. I'm not using direct links to those printables here because you should really go check out the original Passport Date source :)

It's going to be so much fun, so check back to see what Russ and I do on our world travels :)


**ashleynicole



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}