the one with the perfect christmas

For the first 19 years of my life, I've spent Christmas like most people: with my family. 

I'd wake up in my bed Christmas morning and anxiously wait until the whole family was showered and ready to open presents.

But this year was a little bit different. For the first time, my bed wasn't at my parents' house. It was in my very own apartment with my wonderful husband :)

and christmas morning at our own place was perfect.

We woke up, ate German pancakes for breakfast, and opened presents together (we couldn't wait to open our stockings . . . those got opened Christmas Eve). He got me awesome things like BaltoWhat I Like About You season 1, and a sweet card. Though I spent a ton of time in the days leading up to Christmas making him a passport for destination dates in the upcoming year, his favorite gift turned out to be The Snowman, his favorite Christmas movie from childhood (so favorite, in fact, that the tape got broken from overuse!). He teared up because he knew that gift required purposeful thought on my part :) 

I loved spending the morning, just the two of us. I sure love him :)


**ashleynicole











Comments

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}