the one where a ghost cleaned the garage

Since we're newlyweds, Russ and I are trying to use our money wisely. One of the things that we've done to save money is buy some secondhand furniture from Craigslist and KSL with the intention of turning the furniture into fun projects to do together.

what have i learned?

. . . projects aren't that fun. I don't really recommend going that route . . . 

Okay so they're not too bad, but it's hard to finish projects with school AND work AND all the busy-ness going on! So our projects have just been sitting in my parents' garage for the past couple weeks with no progress. Not only have the projects been sitting there, but so has a mountain of sawdust since we sanded through the finish of the kitchen table so that we can stain it black. 

My parents have been asking us to finish up, but we just haven't had the time . . . therefore, the dust and projects have just sat there. 

Yesterday I went to my parents' house after work to grab a couple of things. When I walked in the door, my parents were immediately thanking me for cleaning up the garage. 

Ha. Riiiiiight. Like I've had time for that.

I told them it wasn't me. I even thought this was their way of hinting to me yet again to clean it up. But no, they were being sincere! The garage truly was a lot cleaner than before. So then they asked if Russ had done it. I said he hadn't, called him just to verify, and true to my suspicions, he said he hadn't done it.

So we concluded that my brother must have done it because he needs to do some filming in a garage, and my parents' garage hadn't been up to par because of our projects. 

When I got home, Russ had made us delicious spaghetti for dinner (Truly. It was so good!) AND done the mountain of dishes that had been in the sink. 

Not only that, but after a while, he finally confessed to cleaning the garage while I was at work. That meant that he had ridden his bike all the way there AND done all the work. 

seriously?!?

I really do have the best husband in the world :)


**ashleynicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}